Friday 31 July 2009

RIP: Sir Bobby Robson

Sir Bobby Robson (1933-2009)

There may be better quality photo's of Sir Bobby around, but this is how I'll always remember him. Full of joy as manager of my beloved Ipswich Town, as yet another team are brushed aside by our glorious passing game and team spirit.

My Dad and I hardly missed a home game during the Robson era. Those European nights were special - staying up late despite having school the next day. It was just the accepted thing to do in our town.

I'll never forget Sir Bobby coming to our school to judge a ball-juggling competition. He was the ultimate inspirational figure for all us kids who grew up in Ipswich during the seventies and early eighties.

We are - and shall always be: "Bobby Robson's Blue & White Army".


No comments: